Infection Control Guidelines
The aim of this programme is to provide a learning resource for all dental team members, reviewing infection control guidelines. This learning meets GDC and CQC requirements for disinfection and decontamination.
Disinfection and decontamination is a GDC recommended subject for continuing professional development.
This is the second module in a series of four modules. We would recommend viewing the first module in the series before taking this module.
The GDC requires dental professionals to link their CPD activities to at least one development outcome as part of the new enhanced CPD scheme.
This module can be linked to development outcome C: Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice.
Suitable CPD for all members of the dental team.
Completion of this module and passing the associated quiz will satisfy GDC requirements for 1.5 hours of CPD in disinfection and decontamination.
The content does not have to be completed all at once, you will be returned to where you left off when your restart the e-learning module again.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- Recognise the duty of care we have as a team with regards to cross infection control
- Outline the law, policy and standards governing cross infection control in your practice
- Understand what infection control training is required for staff members
- Explain best practice in surgery design and the concept of zoning
- Identify the requirements for a decontamination area, and how to achieve this in your practice.
Topic 1: Introduction
Topic 2: Regulations and guidelines
Topic 3: Infection control training
Topic 4: Surgery design
Topic 5: The decontamination area
Topic 6: Summary
There are interactive questions and activities throughout the module which are not assessed.
On completion of the module there is a separately assessed quiz.
You will need to achieve 70 % for this quiz to complete the module and access your CPD certificate. You will have two opportunities to achieve the required score.