Case One: Posterior Composites
The aim of this clinical guide is to demonstrate the management of an aproximal carious lesions.
This module follows a single case over an eighteen month period. Minimal intervention non-operative management as well as minimally invasive restoration using composite is demonstarted.
This is the first module in a series of modules.
The GDC requires dental professionals to link their CPD activities to at least one development outcome as part of the new enhanced CPD scheme.
This module can be linked to development outcomes C: Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice.
Suitable CPD for all members of the dental team involved with patient care.
Completion of this module and passing the associated quiz will satisfy GDC requirements for 1 hour of CPD.
The content does not have to be completed all at once, you will be returned to where you left off when your restart the e-learning module.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- Describe the detection and diagnosis of aproximal carious lesions
- Recognise non-operative management techniques and appropriated monitoring for approximal lesions
- Describe methods for preventing iatrogenic damage and use of minimally invasive cavity preparation
- Apply current techniques for isolation and use of sectional matrix techniques
- Identify when to use a bulk fill technique
- Apply appropriate maintenance for class II restorations.
Topic 1: Introduction
Topic 2: History & diagnosis
Topic 3: Initial care plan
Topic 4: Monitoring & diagnosis
Topic 5: Operative intervention
Topic 6: Maintenance protocol
There are interactive questions and activities throughout the module, which are not assessed.
On completion of the module there is a separately assessed quiz.
You will need to achieve 70 % for this quiz to complete the module and access your CPD certificate. You will have two opportunities to achieve the required score.